The Dzogchen Community of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu seeks to preserve and make available the authentic Dzogchen teachings. The many projects and activities of the Dzogchen Community need the support and commitment of its members. You can offer specialised skills or unskilled labour as Karma Yoga. Activities can include all voluntary work done for the Dzogchen community in collaboration with the Gakyil, ranging from physical work like gardening or cleaning, to administrative work, such as archiving, transcription of teachings, and fundraising. Karma yoga does not include activity undertaken independently, nor work done in exchange for retreat attendance, or in lieu of payment.
All members of the Dzogchen Community are encouraged to collaborate through Karma Yoga, and to keep their Karma Yoga records.
Chögyal Namkhai Norbu has suggested a guideline recommending that the number of hours of Karma Yoga offered be connected to your age. For example:
Recording Karma Yoga
Note: If you are recording Karma Yoga for a Santi Maha Sangha examination please refer to the member page of Santi Maha Sangha
1. Download a Karma Yoga Form from this website
2. Fill in the Karma Yoga Form with the details of your KY work. You will need a new KY Form for each KY Supervisor.
3. Email Karma Yoga Form(s) as a Word attachment to your Karma Yoga Supervisor (“ENTITY” i.e an official KY supervisor who is a current member of Namgyalgar: Gakyil member [Namgyalgar or Local], Namgyalgar Gekö, Namgyalgar Secretary, Regional Contact, or Project/Committee Coordinator.)
4. Ask each KY Supervisor to verify your KY Form on page 2 and then to send it to our Karma Yoga Archive Coordinator via the form below at the bottom of this website page.
5. Make a Summary of all your KY Records submitted to the various supervisors and periodically (at least annually, or bi-annually, or quarterly) and send it to the KY Coordinator.
6. Periodically confirm with KY Coordinator that your verified KY Forms have been received/sent (ie follow through).
Please Note: If you have already completed hard copy Karma Yoga Forms, please scan and follow steps 3 to 6. If your Karma Yoga Form has not been hand signed, please ask your supervisor to forward it to the KY Coordinator with a covering verification note.
Uploading forms Step 4